Loaded with nutritional value and brimming with protein and vitamins, Tata Sampann Urad Dhuli Whole is an integral part of the Indian diet, especially in South India. Whole white urad dal is used to make batter for fluffy, delicious idlis, dosas and vadaas. It is also used to make the ubiquitous paapad, liked by food lovers all over India and the world.
Black urad dal (split or otherwise) is used to make the rich ‘kali dal’ and ‘dal makhani’, sometimes with rajma, a fond staple in North India. Split white urad dal is also popularly used in Punjabi cuisine to make the dry or creamy, stringy dhuli urad dal and dahi vadaas. Whatever the preparation, you’ll be well-advised to plan it beforehand before as it almost always needs to be soaked overnight and is delicious in every form.
The Tata Sampann Urad Dhuli Whole Advantage :
All variants of urad dal at Tata Sampann have the following features:
They are unpolished, which means they do not undergo polishing procedures that use oil, water and leather.
They contain lower moisture levels, giving you more dal per kg and thus more nutritional value.
Tata Sampann dals are specially sorted and graded to retain quality.
Tata Sampann Urad Dal is rich in protein.
Health Benefits of Tata Sampann Urad Dhuli Whole :
Urad dal, like any other member of the legume family supplies high amounts of protein and other nutrients. Below are some of the reasons why you must make urad a part of your diet:
- Did you know that your favourite idli and dosa contains much needed nutrients such as dietary fibre, magnesium, potassium and folate? Potassium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure while Magnesium contributes to reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- The dietary fibre helps in better digestion, thus preventing constipation.
- The presence of iron and folate in urad dal makes it an ideal part of diet where Folate contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy and Iron contributes to normal cognitive development of children.
- Urad dal is a source of Calcium which is needed for the maintenance of normal bones.
- Protein contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass.
- Brand : Tata Sampann.
- Manufacturer : Tata.
- Country of Origin : India.
Buy Tata Sampann Urad Dhuli Whole Online at Low Price only at The Hill Store or browse related products.